terça-feira, 15 de junho de 2010

Goodnight


Letter from an Unknown Woman, Max Ophüls (1948)
My Lovely woman child
I found you out running wild with someone new
You've been untrue, And everybody knows we're through

But I can't say goodbye to you, No matter what you do
My heart won't let you go, Although I know you go
With someone new, I think of you

I think of how you kiss, Your tenderness
With all of this, I miss the way you say goodnight

Bittersweet, your kisses, When my heart still misses
The way that things used to be, But I know you're strong for
Other arms you long for, And you can never come back to me

Not just for yesterday, tonight or tomorrow
Ah, but forever
I'll hear you say goodnight, goodnight
Goodnight turned out to be a lie
And I can't help it if I cry
Goodnight my love, Sleep tight my love
Goodnight

Roy Orbison

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário